Over the course of this year, some friends and I have been talking about establishing a creative gathering in Orange County, CA to unify, encourage, and spur one another on. Small gatherings on Wednesday mornings, have now grown to incorporate a less small speaker series each month. Learn more at connectingthings.co.
Now for this talk… It is a very unscripted version of me communicating something that I have thought a lot about over the last year. If there were a full title for this video it would be “Know Who You Are & Do So In The Context Of Community”.
You will hear about how that was important for myself and my work at Krochet Kids intl., as well as for an unlikely entrepreneur named Guillietta Carrelli, founder of Trouble Coffee & Coconut Club in San Francisco. Read the full article about Giullietta’s story of starting the toast craze HERE (the piece which inspired this talk).
• build rhythms into your life that remind & reinforce your purpose
• surround yourself with people who can help you recognize yourself when you can’t
• understand your strengths and use those
Lastly, the questions near the end are hard to hear so I wanted to provide them to you:
1) When you were starting, what did you do to start to brand yourself toward retailers like Nordstrom?
2) At what point did you know what your purpose or mission was for Krochet Kids intl.?
3) How did you know, or come to find, your “useful skill in a tangible situation”?
4) In the context of a team, and even working with friends, how did you help people understand who they are and how they fit in the team?