You are a leader. Trust me.
Ask yourself these seven questions… (via Seth Godin’s Blog)
1) Do you let the facts get in the way of a good story?
2) What do you do with people who disagree with you… do you call them names in order to shut them down?
3) Are you open to multiple points of view or you demand compliance and uniformity? [Bonus: Are you willing to walk away from a project or customer or employee who has values that don’t match yours?]
4) Is it okay if someone else gets the credit?
5) How often are you able to change your position?
6) Do you have a goal that can be reached in multiple ways?
7) If someone else can get us there faster, are you willing to let them?
No textbook answers… It’s easy to get tripped up by these. In fact, most leaders I know do.